AWARENESS ABOUT CROSS INFECTION AMONG DENTISTSAbstract
Aim and Objective: A survey on awareness among dentists about cross infection with questionnaires was conducted. Materials and Methods: A self-administered questionnaire was prepared and given to 100 dental students in Saveetha dental college, Chennai. A set of 15 questions were given in the questionnaire. The results were analyzed and demonstrated in the form of pie charts. Results: Out of 100, 69% of the students knew about cross infection, 100% of the students wore mask while doing a procedure, 100% of students changed their gloves after each check-up, 97% of the students washed their hands after degloving and when the students were asked to rate themselves on a scale of 10 based on the awareness they had about nosocomial cross infection, 18% the students rated them between 7-10 and the rest 82% rated them between 5-7. Conclusion: From the results, it was evident that the students had sufficient knowledge about cross-infection and the only need was to apply the knowledge in their daily practice.
L. S. Varsha and R. V. Geetha
Saveetha Dental College, Poonamalle High Road, Velappanchavadi, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
02 July 2016
21 September 2016
29 September 2016
31 October 2016